When I made the switch to sugar-free I discovered food is so much more expensive and coupons were scarce (or so I thought). I was determined to stick within my grocery budget and still be able to buy new foods and use coupons.
My best advice is to be diligent with looking for ways to save money while shopping for organic food or specialty items because of diet restrictions.
Here are a few things to always keep in mind:
1. Always check your favorite foods/cleaning items/beauty products websites
2. Sunday papers are starting to have organic coupons, ask friends, family, coworkers, etc for their extra coupons. One of my coworkers gave me coupons for Domino Agave Nectar because it’s a sugar-free alternative I cook with.
3. Mambo Sprouts offers manufacturer’s coupons for several organic items
4. Whole Foods offers coupons on their website and in their newsletter
5. Try sending an email to your favorite organic companies complimenting their product and asking if they ever offer coupons. I’ve done this a few times and have been surprised with coupons, thank-you letters, and even free products!
6. Amazon.com has a HUGE selection of organic food and runs sales on items all the time
Is anyone having a hard time finding ways to save money on a certain product? Leave a comment and let’s try to figure out a way to save some money!!!